Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Monday, August 3, 2015

Loss of routine


I thrive on routine. I enjoy spontaneity and days with no plans, but I do the best when my days have a rhythm to them. I like waking up at the same time, starting my day with devotions and reading, them proceeding about my day with whatever plans I have. 
I struggle to get things done when I don't have a routine. I drift from one thing to the next, never getting everything done that needs to be accomplished. Throughout high school and my first year of college, my days had a fairly consistent pattern to my days, but this summer everything has been turned upside down. I started working at Dunkin Donuts while taking some online college courses. My work schedule is all over the place which makes it hard to balance everything. I like predictability, and right now nothing is predictable. I like to plan ahead and know generally what's coming, but these past several months have taken that away from me. God has me in this season for a reason. It's a totally different summer than the past several that I have spent volunteering at a Christian summer camp for most of the summer. I'm growing up, and that requires taking on more responsibilities. I need to be okay with that instead of fighting it.

4 comments:

  1. Gahhh..you're so gorgeous. And liked hearing your thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. I do best with a set schedule or at least a detailed to-do list. But this year the Lord has not allowed set anything. I think He is trying to teach me to trust in Him : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not being able to plan everything out definitely forces us to trust in God's guidance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!