Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Delight 365 // days 125-134

I am ashamed. I am just now starting to read Lord of the Rings. It's one of those books that I've always wanted to read but never have. When it comes to big books, though, I like to own them instead of returning them to the library before I can finish them. So, when I saw a copy of Fellowship of the Rings at Goodwill for only $0.50, I just had to pick it up. Expect to see more quotes from it as I continue reading because it is chock full of good quotes. 

Day 125

"Introverts are capable of acting like extroverts for the sake of work they consider important, people they love, or anything they value highly."

Susan Cain


Day 126

"Your handwriting. The way you walk. Which china pattern you choose. It's all giving you away. Everything you do shows your hand. Everything is a self portrait. Everything is a diary."
Chuck Palahniuk


Day 128

"In your hearts set apart Christ as Lord."
1 Peter 3:15


Day 129

"They seem a bit above my likes and dislikes, so to speak," answered Sam slowly. "It don't seem to matter what I think about them. They are quite different from what I expected - so old and young, and so gay and sad, as it were."

The Fellowship of the Ring


Day 130

"Where you tend a rose, my lad, a thistle cannot grow."

The Secret Garden 


Day 131

"The more he gave away, the more delighted he became."

The Rainbow Fish by Marcis Pfister


Day 133

"I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature. My attachments are always excessively strong."

Northanger Abbey


Day 134

"I feel that as long as the shire lies behind, safe and comfortable, I shall find wandering more bearable; I shall know that somewhere there is a firm foothold, even if my feet cannot stand there again."

Frodo, The Fellowship of the Ring


2 comments:

  1. These are all lovely photographs and quotes! I need to get a copy of Lord of the Rings as well, because I always have to return it when I'm only in the second chapter.
    xoxo,
    Brooke
    Pineapples & Daisies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quotes! You just might see one of them posted on my page, so if you do, know I first saw it from you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!