Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

It's okay





     Sometimes, I have to remind myself that it's okay to let go of things. There is no way that I could do everything for everyone all the time. I can't do my homework, lead songs at youth group, run a business, teach at Good News Club, work at camp's winter weekend, never miss school, and be sick at the same time without letting go of something.

     It's okay to sleep in on a school day so that I can stay relatively healthy for winter camp. It's okay that not all of my projects are done flawlessly and on time all the time. It will be okay if I don't introduce new songs all the time and play piano perfectly at youth group. It's okay to just sit and watch Tangled with Natalia when I babysit. 

It's okay to admit to others that I cannot do it all.
To admit that to myself.

I need to treasure the remaining time that I have with my family because it won't always be like this. I can have one hour phone conversations with my older sister who's in college nine hours away. I can throw a surprise party on a school night for a friend who recently moved to West Virginia.

I cannot do everything. I just need to do what I can and know when enough is enough.

"Only one life, 'twill soon be past; only what's done for Christ will last."
C.T. Studd

listen // think // make // do it

1 comment:

  1. Encouraging post, Emily! Thank-you for reminding us the importance of it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!