Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Thursday, January 2, 2014

transform






Here we are again at the start of another year. I would love to say that by the end of 2014, I will have my life together; I will know what I'm going to do for the rest of my life; I will be the kind, patient, compassionate person that I long to be. But I know this will not be the case. Yes, I want to be changed by the time 2015 rolls around, but I know that I am not perfect and never will be, so I will not be perfect in a year's time. Instead, I am hoping and praying to be transformed. Romans 12:2 says, "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."
God calls us to be transformed, to "make a thorough and dramatic change", as the dictionary puts it. Transformation is not something that can be achieved half-heartedly or partially; it is a complete change that requires a total commitment. I cannot transform in my own power. I've tried it, but it doesn't last. I need to focus on God, let go of my old habits, and be willing to change and grow.

Will I fail?
Yes.
Will I stumble?
Yes.
Will I lapse back into my old ways sometimes?
Yes.

But by God's grace and through His strength, I can keep transforming for the rest of my life.

"Through the LORD's mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not,
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
'The LORD is my portion,' says my soul,
'Therefore I hope in Him!'
The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,
To the soul who seeks Him.
It is good that one should hope and wait quietly
For the salvation of the LORD."
Lamentations 3:22-26

This passage really sums up what I pray will happen in me this year as I continue my journey of transformation and becoming more like Christ.

2014 is promising to be a year of great change and I know I won't always handle it well, but God's mercies are new every morning.


Day 1 of the Delight 365 challenge.
Word: New





1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!